There is a reason Labrador Retrievers are the most popular dog breed in America. You probably have met many Labs or previously been loved by one. Here are some of the many resources available to get to know the Labrador breed better, from different colors to American/field versus English/show body styles.
- American Kennel Club about Labradors
- Wikipedia about Labradors
- Top 10 reasons to adopt a Seasoned Lab
Having Trouble Affording Vet Expenses?
Dog ownership is a serious commitment of both time and money. Unfortunately, sometimes personal situations change and people feel they can no longer afford their dog. Before giving up your dog to join the many others looking for homes, please check out this information about financial assistance resources posted by the Humane Society at Having Trouble Affording Your Pet and their current list of organizations that can help.
Here are a few of the organizations that can help:
- Labrador Lifeline helps owners or rescuers of Labrador Retrievers who are in need of financial assistance.
- LabMed, Rx For Rescued Labs helping rescued Labradors in need of medical attention.
- Best Friends resources for financial assistance.
- The Pet Fund provides financial assistance to owners of domestic animals who need urgent veterinary care.
- Scout's House Rehab Center For swimming and other rehab for rescue dogs!
Keep in Touch with GGLRR
Hopefully you have called your area’s Rescue Representative by now listed on our who to Contact page to learn how to get on our notification list for new dogs available for adoption.
GGLRR emails a monthly e-newsletter and publishes a printed newsletter once or twice a year for our donors and adopters. The purpose of the newsletter is to appraise our friends and benefactors of our progress and activities. Sign-up at the bottom of every web page of our site.
Other Rescues and SheltersGGLRR’s website provides links to other rescue groups and shelters to help you find a Lab whether from our rescue organization or another. It’s all about finding homes for Labs-in-need and matching people with just the right Lab! Many of these sites have excellent search capabilities so you can specify your preferred breed (Labrador Retriever!), age, sex, and location.
- Monterey Bay Labrador Retriever Rescue
- Labs2Love Rescue
- Labrador Retriever Club (find a Lab Rescue in your area)
- Central California Lab Rescue
- Labrador Retriever Rescue Fresno
- Southern California Lab Rescue
- California-Arkansas Retriever Rescue Effort
- Arkansas Humane Society (one of our volunteers is actively involved with this group so please contact email@example.com with questions about adopting from Arkansas)
- Adopt a Pet (search for Labs in many shelters and rescue organizations)
- PetFinder (search for Labs in many shelters and rescue organizations)
- PetHarbor (search for Labs in all California shelters)