Dog Food advisoryDangerous levels of Vitamin D in some dog foods.Read more.
Special Offer from Pet Food ExpressMyMutt Program provides pro photos for donation to GGLRR.
Senior/Special Needs Fund
We are inaugurating a new fund designed to help with the expenses associated with rescuing senior, special needs and dogs that have chronic illness. Increasingly, we are seeing senior dogs and those that have chronic conditions that have gone untreated, being surrendered, dumped at shelters, or abandoned. Due to the shortage of space, most shelters will not put dogs with even minimal health issues up for adoption. The cost of treating these dogs is prohibitive on their limited budgets and they are not able to re-coup their costs through the adoption fees.
Lab Rescue wants to be able to save more of these dogs, to get them the treatment they need and adopt them out to new homes where they will be loved and receive the care they need to remain happy and healthy. These dogs may have diabetes, Addison's disease, epilepsy or other chronic conditions, including severe allergies, that can be managed with regular vet care and (often inexpensive) medications.
We hope you will be inspired by the stories of the wonderful Labs we have been able to save and adopt to their forever families with your generous help.
To donate, please follow the instructions on the Donation page and designate "Senior / Special Needs Fund"
2019 Pet Fairs:
- 9/7 11am-2pm San Jose - Blossom Hill Pet Food Express
- 10/5 11am-2pm Novato - Hamilton Marketplace Pet Food Express
- 10/20 11am-2pm Novato - Diablo Pet Food Express
- 11/23 11am-2pm Walnut Creek Pet Food Express
See Pet Fairs page for location details and more info.
December Pet Fair & Santa Photo Combined Events:
- 12/7 11am-3pm Walnut Creek Pet Food Express
- 12/8 11am-3pm Redwood City Pet Food Express
- 12/14 11am-3pm San Jose Pet Food Express
- 12/15 11am-3pm Novato - Diablo Pet Food Express
2019 Special Events:
- 9/14, 9/15 - Pet Food Express Event
- 11/3 - Pawtrero Dog Day Afternoon